Individual arrival in Whitehorse, Yukon / Canada the day before the start of the tour. Individual overnight stay in a hotel in Whitehorse. Welcome to the far north!
You will be greeted at the reception of your reserved hotel at 12.00pm (hotel is not included in the tour price). We accompany you on a short city tour, followed by a visit to a supermarket, where you can buy your personal snacks and drinks (not included in the tour price). Afterwards, an approximately three-hour drive to the GlanzmannTours-Lodge at Kluane National Park awaits us, with scheduled photo stops. Along the Alaska Highway and the Takhini River, you can often see wild animals like wapiti deer, moose, foxes or spruce grouse. In the late afternoon, impressively beautiful mountain and lake landscapes offer unusual motives for landscape photographs, with good lighting conditions.
Finally, we reach the GlanzmannTours-Lodge with its romantic log cabins, which is directly adjacent to the nature park. Our 14 huskies are looking forward to your arrival and will welcome you enthusiastically. The individual log cabins, built by hand, are spread over 8 hectares of forest with an unobstructed view of an overwhelming mountain backdrop.
Indescribable silence and pure, wild nature await you here. After dinner together at the lodge we will discuss the course of the following day according to the detailed itinerary.
Day 2 – 6:
After the breakfast, we start! The following photographic highlights await you in the next two weeks:
- Frozen lakes: turquoise, blue and black ice surfaces with ice crevices and cracks
- Ice floes: cliff-like ice floes and impressive snow drifts, surrounded by a breathtaking mountain scenery.
- Northern Lights: a photographic highlight, which is usually particularly well visible at this time of year
- Night photography: Moon and stars without any light pollution
- Mountain panoramas: View of Canada’s highest mountain massifs for impressive panoramic pictures
- Winter wonderland: icy trees, snow-covered mountain landscapes with countless motifs. Macro photographers also get their money’s worth here
- Sea/Pacific: idyllic harbor feeling directly by the sea (day trip to Haines, Alaska/USA) over snow-covered mountain passes, high plateaus and along frozen mountain lakes. The journey itself offers impressive photo spots for winter pictures
- Animal encounters: in addition to the dall sheep and with a little luck, encounters with moose, wapiti deer, bald eagles, snowshoe rabbits, foxes and grouse as well as ptarmigan are possible.
- Log cabins: Cozy warmth and romantic atmosphere in our wood-heated log cabins, immersed in absolute silence, surrounded by a snow-covered forest and a crystal clear starry sky.
- Sled dogs: Our sled dogs roam through the forest of the GlanzmannTours-Lodge during the day and are always a nice photo motif.
- Alaska Highway: The scarcely frequented Alaska Highway illustrates the endless vastness of this area on pictures.
Of course, a day of rest can be taken at any time, although we offer daily photo excursions and activities. We leave the participation in the day tours up to you and gladly offer you a time-out, if desired!
Return trip to Whitehorse, where the photo tour is concluded at noon. The individual return flight follows (do not schedule your departure to be before 1 pm).
All routes and times described in the itinerary may vary depending on weather conditions.
Look forward to the romance of log cabins in the GlanzmannTours-Lodge base, in the middle of the staggering silence of the wilderness. More details and photos of the accommodation can be found under “Log cabins”.
The comfortable log cabins, built by hand, are heated with wood. We count on the cooperation of our guests to heat the wood stoves. For the lighting in the cabins we use LED lanterns and candles, which create a cozy atmosphere with the crackling wood stove. You will be supplied with the best drinking water from our own well. Each log cabin has a cooking area, sink, water canister and kitchen utensils. Next to each cabin there is an “Outhouse”, an external toilet house.
Couples live in their own log cabin.
Two to max. three single travelers share a log cabin.
On request, we can reserve two single or two double rooms for you.
A sauna in a log cabin built especially for this purpose, with a simple shower, invites you to relax.
It is possible to charge batteries for the camera, tablets and mobile phones during the day in the GlanzmannTours-Lodge at the solar power supply.
For the shared meals (breakfast and dinner) all participants meet in the main log cabin of the lodge. Both breakfast and dinner are included during all overnight stays in the log cabin lodges. One dinner at the restaurant in Haines (Alaska/USA), however, is not included. Breakfast is provided in the form of a buffet; dinner is cooked for you. The group then helps to wash the dishes together.